A creamy, lower carbohydrate version of classic mac & cheese.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 7 oz Dreamfields Elbows, cooked according to package directions
- 6 oz whole-wheat pasta, cooked according to package direction (elbow)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped onion
- 1 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups Cheese, fontina, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
Coat 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
In medium skillet, over medium heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic 3 to 5 minutes, stirring
Add half & half, milk, and mustard. Season with pepper and nutmeg. Cook 10 minutes,
In large bowl, toss pasta and sauce. Add fontina and cheddar cheeses; stir until
well blended and transfer to casserole dish. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before
Makes 8 servings
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 11.3 g
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
Sugars 2.6 g
Total Fat 20 g
Saturated Fat 11.3 g
Unsaturated Fat 8.6 g
Potassium 110.4 mg
Protein 15.7 g
Sodium 367.7 mg
A delicious chili with a hint of cinnamon.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef (5% fat)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium garlic cloves, mashed
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 oz canned mushroom slices, drained (or fresh, cooked)
- 3/4 chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tsp salt (optional)
- 4 cups cold water
In large stockpot, brown meat, drain fat.
Add water, cinnamon, cumin, onions, Worcestershire sauce,
cloves, salt (if desired), chili powder, pepper, allspice, tomato
paste, bay leaves, mushrooms, and green peppers. Bring to a boil.
Reduce to simmer. Cook 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove
bay leaves before serving.
This is excellent topped with shredded cheese or sour cream!
Makes 9 servings
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 5.9 g
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
Sugars 3 g
Total Fat 3.8 g
Saturated Fat 1.4 g
Unsaturated Fat 2.5 g
Potassium 183.7 mg
Protein 22.3 g
Sodium 209.1 mg